Monday, November 19, 2012

And The Kansas City Renegades Biggest Rival Will Be ...

About ten days ago I posted a poll asking who you thought would be the Kansas City Renegades biggest rival in the newly formed Champions Professional Indoor Football League and the fans responded.
First off, Bloomington Edge, Oklahoma Defenders and Sioux City Bandits received no love. Apparently you all thought that those cities are too far away to generate any animosity. As far as those teams that did garner votes. They are as follows:
Kansas Koyotes              38%
Lincoln Haymakers          23%
Wichita Wild                   23%
MidMissouri Outlaws      15%
Salina Bombers                 7%
Since Kansas received the biggest share of votes I am guessing that since the cities are so close it will be easy for both fan bases to make the road trip to enemy territory. I was a little surprised that MidMissouri didn’t do better since the team is an innerstate rival could have a govenor’s cup game every season. I thought Wichita placed where I thought they would (2nd place) but Lincoln made a stronger than expected showing. Salina also bagged some votes setting the stage for three different I‐70 Wars (KC & Topeka, KC & Salina & Topeka & Salina).
I think there will be some nice rivalries in this league just because of geographic proximity. Kansas City has natural rivals in MidMissouri, Topeka and to a lesser extent Wichita. I also think that Topeka and Wichita will be a good rivalry (carried over from both the original Indoor Football League and the American Professional Football League).
I thank everyone that participated in the poll and look forward to the start of the season in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment